I have big goals for June, so in order to keep myself on track, I will start posting my weekly training. I would like to attend 3 classes a week at the gym, but sometimes Zoe’s sleeping and feeding schedules doesn’t corporate. Her schedule is more important, so I will not change that. But in case we can not make it to a class, I will replace the class with online videos or DVD’s. So, no excuses!!
- Running: 3 runs of at least 3 miles
- Strength training: 1 hour
- Yoga: 1 hour
- Core: 30 min
- Missed the class, so I ran 3x 1 mile and in between did some weights (after 1st mile: abs, biceps and triceps. after 2nd mile: lat, chest and shoulder, after 3rd mile: good final stretch)
Wednesday: National Running Day!
- We met at the local running store to run 6 miles, but it was super hot and I just could not keep up. I ran 1.5 miles and walked 2.5 miles).
- In the afternoon I did 25 minutes of yoga (class 1: Essential Yoga), which I found on Runner’s World Yoga Center. It was challenging!
- Rest. I just felt we should stay at home today and take it easy, we were running around all week.
- I ran 3 miles on TM in 31 min
- 20 min of core exercises (random ones I found online)
Sunday: Family day!
- Yoga: 20 min Yoga for Recovery by lululemon
Total miles run: 3 runs, total of 10 miles (7.5 ran, 2.5 walked)
Total minutes of cross training:
- Strength training: ~ 20 minutes
- Yoga: 45 minutes
- Core: 20 min
Summary: I was really exhausted after Wednesday’s run/walk. I needed a rest day and felt much better on Friday. Running outside is tough for me, it’s hot and humid already. Since I’m not racing until the fall, I will keep my workouts indoor for a little while. I did all the planned workouts, so this makes me happy, however some where not as long as I was hoping for. But it was a good start, let’s try again next week!